Friday, July 29, 2005

Luscious Lush Update

I'm still plugging away at this Rowan Denim pattern for the Lush tunic-y thing (to see previous pics just use that google window up there to the left and search for "Lush"). I am so excited, as only a knitter would be about something like this, that it seems to be working to knit this thang completely seamlessly. I have finished the front and back, used a 3 needle bind off for the shoulders, and learned this VERY COOL trick from the nice person who posts PURLWISE knitting blog: Ladies and Gentleman, you CAN knit a sleeve right onto the body of a sweater from the top down. Here is a link to Purlwise's great instructions: top down cap sleeves using wrapped short rows It sounds scary, but I promise that it is not and these instructions are great. If you loathe sewing seams after all the knitting is done, this is a must!

Here's some evidence:
mmm...and lovely blue toenails to match...



There is one very scary prospect that I am facing, but I'm hoping that I've made the proper allowances for it. Rowan Denim shrinks lengthwise by about 20% after you've knit it up. The sleeve stitches in my case here were picked up very loosely in order to compensate for the shrinkage. I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! Go Hannah!!! In the round, right onto the body of the sweater!!? What can't you do?