Friday, February 10, 2006

Song of the Week: I Wanna Pick You Up
















I Wanna Pick You Up
Well, as a mother to be, this song appeals to me because it's a sweet song about a parent who is really enjoying playing with his new infant. As a lifelong sicko with a morbid sense of humor, this song appeals to me because I imagine crazy drug addicted Brian Wilson in his giant in-house sandbox clumsily trying to figure out how to be a father. In a documentary I saw about Mister Wilson, his ex-wife said she finally had to pack the kids up and leave when she caught him trying to give LSD to his toddlers to broaden their little horizons. Who knows, Wilson Phillips may have been a much better band if Wendy and Carnie had taken the magic carpet ride. Well, I told you I was a sicko. Anyway, it's a sweet song and it's funny when the chorus of clunky fathers comes in to sing along with Brian.

In other exciting SOW postings, you had better check out Miss Sharblina Gordon's truly transcendent and uplifting pick for this week, especially if you're having a crappy day (make it a Happy Day!)

No comments: